Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My favorite things... well, at least this week










Things have been crazy lately. All of a sudden I have been getting hired for weddings and such, which is wonderful. I just hope I can keep up. As much as I want to give up the ol' 9 to 5,(and I do) it is becoming increasingly more diffuclt to work the day job and continue to progress with my own work. Ya know, after sitting in front of a computer editing other peoples photos, I don't have the mental drive to sit at home and edit my own photos. I just need a kick start.
Here are my favorite things to kick start myself and get going again!

1. Rachel Denbow of Red Velvet Art.
She is an amazing artist. Everything she creates is full of color and life and just seeing her art makes me smile. She shares some of her project and this is her latest one. I am sooooo excited to try it out!
http://redvelvetgirls.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/04/diy-woodgrain-n.html

2.Pretty Food
Doesn't it just make you happier... seeing the time and effort someone put it to making your lunch or dinner. I heart edible art! We have a little bakery here called Hoffman's Cake Cottage and they make these delightful little tea cakes with crazy colored icing. They are amazing and they have the full statisfaction of sugar shock! I love it!

3. Fabulous Vintage Finds
Like the day i found a two piece Chanel suit at my local Goodwill for $7. I love searching through racks of peoples discards and find things I have been waiting my whole life to own. I found a Polaroid SX-70 for $2 at the Salvation Army. On Saturday I found one of those souvenier plates from Glacier National Park, and I decided that I am going to try and collect these little gems from all my old adventures and the journeys to come.

4. LOST
Oh goodness, the excitment cannot be contained. The more they answer my questions, the more question I have. Sneaky pants McGee!

5. ब्लोग्स
I am addicted to reading blogs. I am a Blog Stalker! But it's safe, I don't bite!
I love to see what people are creating and thinking and saying. I am totally in love with how open people are. The blogs that have music players are extra awesome, they have exposed me to some super great music...Thanks! These are my current favorites:

http://blog.craftzine.com/

http://redvelvetgirls.typepad.com/

http://sarahbowen.typepad.com/pieceofwork/

http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/

1 comment:

Shawna Jeree' said...

lol i'm a blog stalker too! i love the fun food pic featuring MY hello kitty...i love her...miss you! xo