Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am unemployed...



Well, I have been laid off. The business I have been working for since 2005 has been sold and my services are no longer needed. But for now I am training the people who bought it, but will soon find myself without a job. It is a small blessing because I was extremely burnt out. I really don't want to get another job, I just want to sit at home and glue and paint and sew, but part of my life as an adult requires me to have a somewhat steady income.

I had an interview with the Girl Scout office here in town for a mentoring program called SISTERS, it's only part time work but it is something that I really want to do... it tugs at my heart strings. And the uber-cool thing is that I get to be a Girl Scout again! It has been almost 10years since I was a registered Girl Scout. I am such a geek.

I have an interview on Wednesday at an apartment complex to be a leasing agent. I am not quite sure what that entails besides putting people in apartments... but I guess I'll find out.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

twistermom said...

We're wishing you much luck from Virginia. It kind of bites to have to train the folks who are taking your job, but such is life. In a totally impractical and I'm tired of being fiscally responsible kind of way, I'm pulling for the Girl Scout job, way cool.
Bunches of love to you and Patrick- Roger, Amy Emma & Sophie

brookeanndove said...

Love ya much... miss you guys, thanks for all your support!

Shawna Jeree' said...

awwww....i'm sorry. such a bummer. i wish you luck on the girl scout job and if i see anything cool come up in my own job search i'll let you know! but at least you get some free time to be crafty and hang out with me! xoxo