Thursday, April 9, 2009

I could be a Texan (at least in music)


So those that know me know I am not a native Texan. I am also not one of those...But I got here as fast as I could Texans. I call myself a transplant Texan. I'm here it's alright, but I am not opposed to leaving. With that said...
I never really listened to country music, except for that moment in the 90's when my parents took up line dancing. So I do know all the words to all the songs on Garth Brooks No Fences album (forgive me). But now that a have lived in Texas for the better part of 10 years, I have been exposed to absolutley wonderful country influenced music. And I have also discovered that the country music of the 50's and 60's is amazing. So I thought I might share a little list of music that makes me feel like a Texan.
Of course you need the classics: Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, and Johnny and June Cash. The Neo-Country Indie Folk: She and Him, some Jenny Lewis, and Carrie Rodriguez. The Texas infused indie rock of Thrift Store Cowboys (love you guys!). Plus, some stuff just for the fun of it: Little Willies (yeah Nora Jones is singing for them), Old Crow Medicine Show, and Old 97's.
So Below is my You Could Be A Texan playlist!

No comments: