Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I read about this book in Entertainment Weekly and had been eagerly awaiting its release. I feel like a real geek, because the last book I excitedly waited for was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I went to Hastings on Tuesday evening and picked it up. I am only about 100 pages in, but it's awesome.
I love Jane Austen... love her! I love zombies! This book marries the two in a wonderfully random way. The Bennett girls are educated in the deadly arts, and were lucky enough to study with Master in the Orient. Mrs Bennett is still trying to marry off her daughters. And the Netherfield Ball dinner is deprived of dessert due to a zombie attack against the kitchen staff, which Mr. Darcy swiftly takes care of.
Plus, just look at the cover art...genius! It doesn't matter if you like Jane Austen, this book is great and I haven't even finished it yet!

No comments: