Monday, May 18, 2009

Mix tape Love Monday!



I was cleaning out my closet this weekend and found a shoe box full of my mix tapes from high school. My friends and I would make each other mix tapes for everything, back in the day before CD burners and play lists. I remember sitting by the boom box trying to perfectly time the moment to hit the pause button and switch CD's. Then writing out the songs on the tiny little insert; it was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
I am one of those people who can hear a song and tell you who gave me that CD, where I was when I heard it, and what I was doing. Too bad I couldn't use that kinda brain power in Freshman Algebra!
So, I decided to create a week post with a play list... Mix tape Love Monday!
And to start us off this is the tape my best friend made me when I went off to camp in the summer of 1997. I remember laying on my cot in my tent while all my campers were at the lake listening to this tape and enjoying an hour by myself.

No comments: