Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Update!

Well, on Friday evening it reached 106 degrees here in West Texas. And I had the bright idea to take a run around the KOA (about 3 miles). That wasn't very smart. about 2 miles in I was exhausted. So I walked the rest.
To add another annoyance besides the heat, a local radio station does a $1000 treasure hunt and apparently this week's clue led people to my favorite running spot. There were lots of cars driving erratically and randomly stopping. It was not a productive run.
So I went home and got washed up. I ran some errands for the Bridal Shower I was attending on Saturday. I decided that I was going to make a ribbon rose to wear in my hair for the shower. It turned out really cute.

Patrick and I have started watching Weeds via Netflix. It is hilarious! If you haven't seen it you may want to add it to your queue or give it a rent. Funny stuff.
Saturday morning Patrick treated me to coffee and bagels at Baker Street and then we swung by the mall so I could pick up a gift card for Ashley's Bridal Shower. And we went by Old Navy, because this is San Angelo and there are only 6 places to shop.
So I got home and tried to get ready for the party. I was late, I am bad with personal time management. But I wasn't the only one who was late. Ashley looked super cute! we drank wine and she opened presents and played a game that ended with a bunch of marshmallows in her mouth. Since I was downtown I went to my favorite antique store... Concho Confetti! I found vintage souvenir scarves for London and Rome and a general Europe one. I think these have become a new obsession for me. As I walked around downtown in my super cute bridal shower outfit, I noticed lots of stares...apparently I was over dressed to shop downtown.
Jamie and I went to Olive Garden for dinner and then to Ross where we got super cute leopard print best friend flats. We are super nerds! And back home to wait for Patrick so we can watch more Weeds!
Sunday I made pancakes! Holy crap, I was almost domestic (Bisquick Pour and Shake)! I ran to Hancock Fabrics to get more ribbon to make more flowers... which is pretty much what I did all Mother's Day, besides call and talk to my mama. I watched BBC period dramas and sewed ribbon roses. It was lovely! But now my little finger hurt.
And that is my weekend update... a day late sorry!

2 comments:

I am Laura said...

I have been watching Heroes with my netflix. I have weeds in my cue and am going to start that after I finish Heroes. I am glad to hear a review of it. Now I am excited.

Jamie said...

You did not mention what a great friend you were later that Sunday night to your bff. But thanks for not putting my life on blast. Just thought your fellow boggers should know what a wonderful friend and human being you are. You mean the world to me. I love you!!!