Monday, November 16, 2009

Mix Tape Monday: Guilty Pleasures!


Welcome to another installment of Mix Tape Monday!  Today's play list is a small compilation of songs that I consider Guilty Pleasures. What's kinda sad about this list is that I could have kept going but I figured 30 songs would be sufficient. So there could be a Guilty Pleasures II...

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Okay, here is a little explanation for some of the songs on the list, because I feel like I should justify some of my terrible choices in music. Cher... that is all my mother. My mother and I took a road trip from Houston, Texas to Missoula, Montana when I went to photography school and the only CD she brought with her was The Best of Cher. When she calls me my phone rings Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves. My mother loves Cher. Jody Watley was the 1st tape I bought all by myself. I remember dancing around my room sing to myself in the mirror with a hair brush to I'm Looking for a New Love. Joan Jett is not really a guilty pleasure, but if I ever get up enough courage to sing karaoke I would sing I Hate Myself For Loving You. Some of these are just some of my favorite songs of the 90s and we can't be held accountable for some of those delightful numbers. Some of them are those songs that you play in the car on your way out to the bars in college and some of them are songs you only turn up real loud when you are by yourself in the car. And I know I have lost cool points for having two Brintey Spears songs, but they really are just too damn catchy. I shake my fist at you, producers!
So thanks for tuning in and I hope you enjoy the music... I hope some of my guilty pleasures are your guilty pleasures too!