Monday, December 21, 2009

Mix Tape Monday- Christmas Edition!


I have spent numerous years spending the holiday season in retail. Which means that starting November 1st, I would be forced to listen to Christmas music. As a child, my family would go out on Christmas Eve and look at all the beautiful homes beaming with thousands of Christmas bulbs. We would tour all over town and make our final stop down town at the bank where Santa and his reindeer were mounted on the side of the building. During our tour my aunt would lead us in Christmas Carol sing-a-longs. My aunt, uncle, and cousin with whom we spent every Christmas with are all amazing musicians and singers and it was always my favorite part of the holiday. But, the older i got and the more time I spent in retail the more jaded I became to holiday music, but now I have spent 3 Christamses out of retail and have slowly come to enjoy Christmas music again.
I miss the Christmas of my youth bubbling with excitement and magic, unable to sleep because I concentrated so hard for the sound of reindeer feet on my roof. My cousins waking me before the sun came up and arguing which one of us would go down stairs to peek at all the gifts Santa had left. Though I am older and I guess an adult, Christmas still has a wonderful feeling of joy and spending time with family and friends. And because my dad is a notorious over-spender during the holiday season, I never stop getting surprised on Christmas morning, and he still labels presents from Santa even though my brother and I are no longer children. My father still has the knack for making Christmas magical and I am so happy to be spending this Christmas with my family.
Today's glorious Mix Tape Monday play list is stuffed with wonderful songs full of holiday cheer. Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful, warm, food-filled, and safe holiday. God Bless Everyone!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

2 comments:

aninspiredpeace said...

Thank you for putting this mix together! I listened to it at work all afternoon. :)

Brooke Ann Dove said...

Yeah! Me Too, it got me into the holiday spirit!