Monday, March 1, 2010

Mini Lunch Thrifting Spree!

Usually on Fridays, I observe senior English classes at the local high school, but they get out for a half day so they can go to the rodeo...the rodeo is huge!Anyway, because I didn't have to go observe I used my lunch hour to go thrift shopping. I am one of those people that other people think is crazy. I get feelings...I have to go to Goodwill today! And so I did, I went to our Catholic Outreach Thrift Store, Goodwill, and Salvation Army. I am super stoked about my old man hat, super cute Brazilian boots, sweet 60's coffee mug with birds, and a bag full of old jewelry!. I should also say that I avidly search for books when thrifting, classics and Young Adult Literature.

Friday night I went to the rodeo with Shea, Kevin, Avery and her friend, and for the first time in my life, I consumed a pickle slushie.

We ate fair food and watched people bounce around on bucking animals. And my favorite rodeo event...Mutton Busting or as the rodeo announcer described it  " when we strap your children to farm animals." And as my friend Ashley described it in any other state it would be considered child abuse. Children, ages 4-5,  get decked out in pads and helmets and chaps and then mount a sheep and hold on as the sheep run across the stadium. The kid that holds on the longest wins!

And then on Saturday after several hours of studying and research, I decided to reward myself by going to the only thrift shop I didn't go to on Friday. I discovered the mecca of thrifting excursions... I found roller skates in my size that are in mint condition for $3, oh yeah! Smile and Wave just did a post about rollerskating memories, so sweet.

3 comments:

Krista Eitsert said...

Eeek! I must download Wuthering Heights!

Emily said...

I don't like ice cream but I like the images you found of it. Especially the lamp.

Amarettogirl said...

What a score that day was!!!