Monday, March 15, 2010

Mix Tape Monday: Gearing Up for SXSW


I am so excited about heading to Austin on Friday, I just can't stand it. I am going with my super creative crafty friend Shawna and we haven't been to SXSW together since 2007. We are coordinating plans and clothes and stuff. We can be so girl sometimes. I have to say that other than my fabulous husband, SXSW is my favorite-est thing about Texas. Shawna's fiance's band The Thrift Store Cowboys will be playing 2 shows, and they are always such a blast to watch! But the main event we are gearing up for is....drum roll.... She and Him with the beautiful and fabulous Zooey Deschanel!
There second album, She and Him: Volume 2, releases on March 23, which I will be picking up immediately.
Besides seeing super great bands, I plan on having brunch at the South Congress Cafe, so yummy; thrifting at Family Thrift,  that store never lets me down; and hopefully finding a dress for Shawna's wedding, cross your fingers. I love Austin!
So today's play list is a couple of band's I am hoping to see while I am in Austin. I hope you enjoy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

4 comments:

kiki said...

yay! I can't wait....I've been thinking about outfits all day lol and bragging about going to see she & him of course! the countdown has begun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
marta said...

love that zooey! thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog! i wanted to let you know i updated my website to martawrites.com. am excited to browse your pretty space. happy weekend. xo.