Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Best Blog Ever: 5 Things I am in LOVE with right now

1. Alphabet Embroidery
I found this wonderful tutorial via Whip Up and the discovered the Backstitch Blog who provided this adorable tutorial for cute stitched letters. If you need some Easter decorating ideas, Whip Up has tons and they are all so cute! But My focus here is the embroidery, My grandmother had little stitched sayings hiding in corners all over the house. I loved how embroidery has evolved.

2. I very much want to go on a Hike.
The weather has been amazing and all I really want to do is go on a hike. When I was going to photography school in Montana, we could just walk out the door and be hiking up a mountain in minutes. But sadly, in West Texas we have no mountains...and our trails are very sad. So mostly we run the KOA, which runs the edge of our slowly vanishing lake and along the river, though it smells icky. Oh what I wouldn't give for a shady trail through the woods.

3. Red Lips
I am usually self conscious when I wear red lipstick. I think it draws too much attention to me being as pale as I am, but there are lots of people who wear it well. I'm only kind jealous.
4. Lady Grey Tea
Lately, I cannot get enough Lady Grey tea. It consists of black tea scented with oil of bergamot, lemon peel and orange peel.  Then I wonder, who is Lady Grey? Where did she live, and how did she get a tea named after her? Was she married to Earl Grey? Did they grow tea?
Sadly Wikipedia only provided me with the following info
Lady Grey tea was named after Mary Elizabeth Grey, the wife of Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey, for whom Earl Grey tea is named. Mary Elizabeth was the only daughter of William Ponsonby, 1st Baron Ponsonby of Imokilly.
For some reason I thought there would be more...I may continue to investigate. I feel a short story brewing (pun intended)... The heated youth of Mary Elizabeth Grey. 

Me and Lady Grey.

5. Typography
After the job fair on Wednesday, I have looked into getting certified in the Technical Applications (computer junk) since I have spent so much time attached to a computer. I was looking over the practice test and there where so many question about typography. And I am in love with the way anyone can present a word or phrase with design. Words can make amazing visual art as well as tell a story.
So those are 5 things I am in love with today... you know tomorrow it could all change. I'm off to the library to create a wonderful Developmental Chart for my Human Growth and Development class..Yeah!
I finally finished my second research paper, thank you's to Tracy and Jamie for the late night coffee crams!

4 comments:

Carrie Rosalind said...

I am so with you on the red lipstick thing. I love the look of it but just can't pull it off! Darn!

leah said...

Oh, I totally hear you - I <3 typography! Great faves today! :)

Brooke said...

so inspiring!

kiki said...

i want to try lady grey tea, i am going to look for some tomorrow! typography rocks! i took a whole class on it in college. i am in wedding mode...miss your face :)