Friday, April 16, 2010

I've been nominated....How Loverly!


I've been nominated for a Beautiful Blogger Award by Gidget at Lilac and Lace.
Thank you so much, I just thought my parents and a few friends were reading, but it looks like complete strangers read it too. Big super smiles today! And there are just a few requirements from me: I get to nominate some blogs and tell you more info about little old me.

Blogs I nominate for the award are...
Shawna of Cupquake Designs
Alli of One Pearl Button
Janall of In My Spare Time
Carrie of A Girl and A Camera 
Meeshone.Love of Bling and Bones
Lehua of Heart on My Sleeve
Chantilly of My Girl Thursday
Roxanne of The 60/40
Diana of Our.City.Lights
Abby of A Geek Romance
Gidget at Lilac and Lace
Brooke of Humble B



And 7 Fun Facts about myself...
1. I have 2 1/2 Kidneys. Yes, I am a mutant.
2. I once hugged Lisa Loeb at a show in Sweetwater, Texas.
 
3. I spent one of the best summers of my life going to photography school in Missoula, Montana, where I made some of my best friends...Hey Guys!
4. On a trip to France when I was 14, I was mildly molested by or gropingly danced unwillingly with some strange french boy outside of a record store on the Champs Elysees the same day I got off the plane. I walked around for days with my umbrella in hand ready to beat anyone who got to close to me. Later I was told that this grope/dance was supposed to be a compliment.

5. My grandmother once told me I was going to grow up to be like Audrey Hepburn. I thought I was destined to be a movie star...years later, she tells me she just meant I was going to be skinny my whole life. But because of the first almost compliment, I became totally obsessed with Audrey Hepburn. I have been dressing as Holly Golightly for Halloween for about 10 years.

6. I have bad traveling juju. My flights get canceled and delayed every time I fly. I think my husband secretly wants to make other travel arrangements so he doesn't have to run through anymore airports. 

7. I have a small dream to live in a house built by Frank Lloyd Wright, not one built from his plans, but one that he was physically on the building site. There was one on for sale near Chicago for over $2 million, but there is one in Fort Wayne, IN, where I grew up that you can rent for the weekends. i may have to settle for a weekend and not a lifetime. But, a girl can dream...can't she?


5 comments:

kiki said...

yay! I always wanted a Frank Lloyd Wright house too! I have so many books about his work! I heart Audrey Hepburn too! You are too cute!

Jan said...

Would you settle for a Frank Lloyd Wright Graphic?

MeeshOne.Love said...

you are too sweet! let the blog love flow! i love your audrey hepburn story, stories from when we were little ones always make me giggle!

Pigwidget said...

FLW was one of my heroes at art college when I was studying architecture! Like you I wanted to live in one of his designs - so ahead of their time...

Megan V said...

Oooh I <3 your blog! I think you had me at the part about Audrey Hepburn! Hahahha. Backhanded compliment? Oh grandmas!! :)

I love that I"m still discovering fellow Indie Biz bloggers after the class is over!