Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Double Tap Tuesday

1. Gig Posters
I love gig posters. Not only are they super cool art, they document events in history, your history. I have several gig posters that I think when I move into my dream house, I will dedicate an entire wall to gig posters. But in the meantime, here are some favorites to share!



purchase here

2. Trains
Sometimes I feel the need to leave. I just need an escape. And because I read too many books, I want to leave by train. The rhythm of the rails and the call of the whistle makes me want to pack a suitcase and buy a ticket.There is a sense of romance and whimsy involved with riding train that I think Americans are lacking; it amazes me that the US is not as connected by rails as Europe is. Everyone needs to read Anna Karenina on a train. Maybe one day....

5 comments:

Hearthandmade said...

what a great post!! Two of those posters i want to go and buy and i really love the images of those trains, reminds me of harry potter :)

Nancy said...

Our garage is full of posters, love the inspiration. ;)

roxy said...

that vertical train photo is AMAZING

aubrey said...

Trains are totally romantic, aren't they? We live in a heavy train area, but not passenger trains. We have to stop for them at crossings and you can hear one rumble by at night in the distance. I love the sound of the whistle and the engine.

Katie said...

Train picture #2 looks like the Hogwarts Express. On which I would GLADLY take a ride.