Monday, May 24, 2010

Mix Tape Monday: Ode to Indiana


Welcome back to the work week folks. Luckily because I am going home on Thursday, my work week is only 3 days...Yeah Me! And also because I am going home this week, my mix tape Monday play list is a compilation of songs about Indiana or feature Indiana in the lyrics and musicians from my home state. Except for the addition of John Prine; he's one of my dad's favorites and every time I hear one of his songs it makes me think of home. In case you didn't know, The Jackson 5, Axl Rose, and John Mellencamp are all natives of Indiana! And my favorite band, Margot and the Nuclear So and So's. "Back Home Again in Indiana" is the song that opens race day at the Indianapolis 500. There is more than corn; we have really fast cars!
It's boggling to Texans that someone who has lived here would ever want to leave, but Texas is not my home; plus, it's too freakin' hot. When I was in high school, I couldn't wait to get out of Indiana, but now I look forward to going home. I miss the seasons, the rolling green hills, and the absence of the word "y'all".



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: