Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Monday Mix Tape Monday!

This weekend was bliss. Not only did I not have to worry about school for the up coming week, but I attended Graduation parties of several friends, and one party had a margarita machine. I spent Friday evening cleaning my living room and doing laundry which may sound like a drag, but after a semester of not truly being able to keep up with house work, I felt quite accomplished.
Sunday, Patrick and I went to see Robin Hood with Russel Crowe and it is a prelude to the story we all know and love. It was pretty good and left things wide open so a sequel (which I really hope they make).
If you have not checked out the BBC series Robin Hood it's totally worth the watch! It is streaming on Netflix for all my little flixers. It's a fun fresh take on the legend, plus Richard Armitage from North and South is in it and he is such a cutie pie! And we all know how completely obsessed I am with BBC and Masterpiece Theater!

On the academic front... I have received one A so far and I am eagerly awaiting the rest of the terms grade to be published.   I will edit my post when all my grades come in I got straight A's! Woohoo! First semester in graduate school and I score a 4.0; also, my Human Growth and Development professor sent a lovely email with this quote attached.
A teacher’s purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.-Unknown
And for some reason, it completely sums up my semester.
 But on the road to become a teacher, I have passed y English Language Arts 8-12 TExES! Yeah Me! This test sat heavy on my worries since I took it back in April. But, it turned out I had nothing to worry about because I did better on this one that I did my last test and I received I perfect score on the written portion. So all the studying payed off, and I am on the quest to find myself a High School teaching job. Wish me luck!

So Mix Tape Monday consists of lovely chill songs by some lovely chill dudes. Because I am so incredibly chill today; no worries!




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

2 comments:

Aut said...

Great choice on Fleet Foxes!

Katie said...

I LOVED the BBC Robin Hood! I watched it last year when I lived alone in an apartment with no cable. I downloaded the whole thing and watched it in bed while embroidering. I was SO incredibly upset about Marian. I cried and was inconsolable for days after that. My husband (then fiancee) kept asking me what was wrong and I couldn't really explain it since he'd never seen the show. The whole thing was ridiculous. As is this comment. :P