Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Double Tap Tuesday

Before I launch into my weekly obsessions I just wanted to mention my new favorite IPhone App:
All Recipes Dinner Spinner
 You chose the ingredients and the time you want to spend and it provides you with recipes...it's super great!

Now on to Double Tap Tuesday...
1. Road Trips!

Patrick and I are going to meet up with his parents, sister, and brother in-law in Fredericksburg for the Fourth of July. We went down to the Hill Country earlier this spring for the wildflower bloom, and I am super excited to be going back. We rent a 3 bedroom house on the river and it has a porch swing! So fun! I am excited because it's like a mini road trip. The drive to Fredericksburg is beautiful and Fredericksburg itself is so quaint. We get to have a mini road trip...it's only about a 2 hour drive. My brother had his own road trip earlier this summer when he and his girlfriend JoAnna drove from Indiana to California for his internship. My work schedule will not allow for such a wonderful adventure; I guess I'll just have to settle for the weekend getaway.
One place I really want to get to before I leave West Texas...if I ever leave West Texas, is Marfa. In this small town they have filmed Giant (James dean crush), no Country for Old Men and scenes from There Will Be Blood. Plus, one of the most striking photo blogs, Marfa Trip Blog, was created in a weekend by some amazing female photographers!
I am crazy excited to use my new Fuji Instamatic an collect moments from our fireworks weekend, maybe I'll be really productive and make a weekend journal!

2. Journals
 weheartit
I've been journaling for years but only lately have I felt comfortable to share my pages with people. It may be because I am now in a place where I am comfortable with myself and  journaling helped me work through hard times in my life. With social networking and sharing, Like-minded folks can share pages and techniques with people around the world...strangers. Here are a couple of my favs...
 



And here are a couple of mine...

Thanks for stopping in...
And Happy Birthday Jake!

4 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

yay for road trips! i haven't done too much journaling, but i want to make some of those mini ones out of coffee koozies!

Kyla Roma said...

Your journal pages are amazing! You're so talented!!

alovelylittleworld said...

These are all so lovely and I adore your art. Also, I'm missing someone today and you posted a piece of dcfc's I'll Follow You Into the Dark which is the song that makes me think of him :) Love to you!

Roxanne said...

Oh how I love Fredericksburg! I'd love to someday own one of those homes within walking distance of downtown. Or the big historical home there :P Have fun! And I love your journaling pages...too cute.