Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Double Tap Tuesday

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. I spent a great weekend in Fredericksburg, enjoying the time with family. We went to the parade and a Pacific War Reenactment and finished the day with sangria and fireworks. It was a wonderful weekend.
Yesterday, I went to see Eclipse with my friend, Shea, and her mother. Please don't crucify me, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe I am tired of all the hype, but it was lackluster. Plus, the lady next to me was texting during the movie and when I asked her to stop she said, "Settle." Did she mean for me to settle down? I'm sorry but did you purchase my movie ticket and therefore have the authority to disturb my movie viewing enjoyment? Rude.
Today is back to the grind. Back to work and back to school. Vacation just makes me realize how much I would like to be independently wealthy so I could not have to report to a cubicle every weekend day at 8:30am. I guess I should just start playing the lottery!

Today's Double Tap Tuesday is in honor of Frida Kahlo because today is her birthday!
Selma Hayek stared in the Frida biopic, which is awesome. I love the soundtrack and and the colors. It's a beautiful movie; I highly recommend it. 

1. Mexican Inspired Crafts
Jerilyn of French Sleep Deprivation Study created an altered tent dress shirt; you can find her tutorial here.

2. Fun Frida Stuff to Buy


Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly? 
-Frida Kahlo



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Happy Birthday, Frida!

1 comment:

alovelylittleworld said...

She said "Settle"? That's not even a complete or coherent sentence!
I'm not in a hurry to see eclipse. For reasons I'm still not sure of, I really enjoyed the books (in a flashback to teen angst kinda way) and I really like the first soundtrack, but the movies... wow, not good. Egbert's review of the movie is absolutely hilarious though... hmmmm, I should post it on my blog if I can find it again.