Tuesday, September 28, 2010

25/30: Photo and a Memory

DSCN0429
Patrick and I at Rocky Mountain National Park.

Two years ago, Patrick and I went on our first vacation by ourselves since our honeymoon back in 2004. It seemed that every time we went on a vacation we were going to some kind of family function or holiday. I love my family to death, but Patrick and I really needed an adventure for just the two of us.

We decided to go camping in Colorado. It was so much fun. The first day of hiking I lost the sole of my shoe and we had to go into town to get me some new boots. But after that, we had a wonderful time. On this particular day, we decided to drive up to the sub-alpine tundra. We didn't really think about it at the time and didn't bring anything warm to wear. So I am wearing every piece of clothing that was left in the car. But we had a blast! You would never know that 14,000 feet below us, it's about 90 degrees.

We had such a great trip, cooking on a fire, sleeping under the stars, and hiking up mountains. We are trying to decide which national park we will hit up next.

No comments: