Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/30: My Definition of Love

source

LOVE –noun
1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

I find it funny that we attempt to define love. There are so many different varieties of love that using one word to label each of these emotions seems unsubstantial. We write poetry and songs attempting to describe the love we feel for one another but our tribute to this state of being falls short. Is love undefinable?

Love is what I feel towards someone I can't live without.  My husband, my family, my friends. Love is when I can never get enough time with someone or how terribly I miss them when we are apart. Love is also the apathy I feel when people I care about are hurting. Love is the unwavering need to hear their voice.


Deep, unconditional, down-to-your-bones love is irreplaceable. I may love many people, but I don't love them the same. Each love is unique, but still resonates happiness and hurt. Yeah, love hurts. And sometimes, the people you love the most can cut you the deepest. You know it and I'm sure you have felt it, but that does not mean you did love for a time.


Love... I may not have been able to define it, but I know it when I see it. Like my husband...I love you, baby!


2 comments:

Patrick Dove said...

Who's that fat guy sitting next to the pretty girl? Oh, that's me!

Holly Knitlightly said...

I LOVE this. :)