Tuesday, October 12, 2010

31 before 31

source

Inspired by Sarah Von at Yes and Yes, I have compiled a list of 31 things I want to complete by my 31st birthday. Yesterday being my 30th birthday, I have 365 days to complete my list. I'll be marking off as I complete them. Cross your heart and kiss your elbow, hopefully I can get them finished. On your mark, get set, GO!

1. Learn how to make crepes.

2. Read Anna Karenina

3. Submit journal pages to magazine

4. Get a job as a high school English teacher

5. Try bubble tea

6. Open my vintage store on Etsy

7. Learn how to Two-Step

8. Go camping with my husband

9. See my little brother graduate from college

10. Attempt to go vegetarian again

11. Go to a Tai-Chi class

12. Travel outside of the country

13. Go pick lavender in Fredericksburg

14. Write a short story

15. Attend a crafty conference

16. Drink a glass of scotch

17. Make a quilt

18. Get a freelance writing job

19. Run a 5k

20. Finish grad school

21. Brush up on my French

22. Perfect my mother’s biscuits and gravy

23. Relearn eucre

24. Wear knee socks

25. Create a studio space

26. Publish a photo zine

27. Write more letters

28. Learn to play a song on the slide guitar

29. Volunteer at the Literacy Center

30. Bake cinnamon bread

31. See more of my family

What is one thing you want to accomplish in a year?

4 comments:

Louise said...

This is a great list! You will not be disappointed by bubble tea or Anna Karenina.

This year I will run a 5k and start and complete a sewing/knitting project.

Marisa said...

I love this list - so many things I have to agree on:-) Happy belated 30th!!! Mine is coming up in less than a month. Bubble tea is indeed wonderful. Love the photo!

Kyla Roma said...

Great list! I love #5 & #6 - and bubble tea isn't as weird as it sounds, I promise. I held out for a long time on that basis :)

Mrs. Miller said...

You have some fun ones on your list...mine might include lots of crafty/baking goodness, and actually getting my house decorated! lol