So it's payday which is a necessity for me for I am currently living paycheck to paycheck. I remind myself it won't always be this way, that's why I am in grad school. Anyways, my work companion was complaining that her sales commission pushed her into another tax bracket and therefore she had to pay more taxes. She is a wonderful person and I love her to death, but it made me realize that she has never lived paycheck to paycheck and may take for granted to comfort that making a decent amount of money affords her. I do not think less of her and I am happy that she can live comfortably.
It did however make me think about things that I take for granted in my life. There many things I would like to change in my life, but their are things I am so thankful to be blessed with that I felt the need to remind myself.
1. I am thankful to have a beautiful husband who is honest and truthful and loves me.
2. I am thankful to have a job.
3. I am thankful I have a roof over my head and enough money to cover my bills.
4. I am thankful to have a wonderful supportive family.
5. I am thankful to be healthy and that my family is healthy.
6. I am thankful that a can read, because I don't know what I would do without the joy of literature.
7. I am thankful I am able to write and express myself.
8. I am thankful that my parents are loving and gave me a picturesque childhood.
9. I am thankful for the meaningful connections I have with my friends.
10. I am thankful to be alive and living in a society that encourages ambition and growth.
What are you thankful for?