Friday, October 15, 2010

Thankful


So it's payday which is a necessity for me for I am currently living paycheck to paycheck. I remind myself it won't always be this way, that's why I am in grad school. Anyways, my work companion was complaining that her sales commission pushed her into another tax bracket and therefore she had to pay more taxes. She is a wonderful person and I love her to death, but it made me realize that she has never lived paycheck to paycheck and may take for granted to comfort that making a decent amount of money affords her. I do not think less of her and I am happy that she can live comfortably.
It did however make me think about things that I take for granted in my life. There many things I would like to change in my life, but their are things I am so thankful to be blessed with that I felt the need to remind myself.

1. I am thankful to have a beautiful husband who is honest and truthful and loves me.
2. I am thankful to have a job.
3. I am thankful I have a roof over my head and enough money to cover my bills.
4. I am thankful to have a wonderful supportive family.
5. I am thankful to be healthy and that my family is healthy.
6. I am thankful that a can read, because I don't know what I would do without the joy of literature.
7. I am thankful I am able to write and express myself.
8. I am thankful that my parents are loving and gave me a picturesque childhood.
9. I am thankful for the meaningful connections I have with my friends.
10. I am thankful to be alive and living in a society that encourages ambition and growth.

What are you thankful for?


5 comments:

Cole said...

I am thankful for all of the above too. Great reminder to cherish everything we have. We really are so blessed.

Tracy Gillies said...

I am thankful for Disneyland!

Louise said...

I am thankful for my partner-in-crime and out sweet funny daughter. I am also thankful that my mom is still with us after scary heart-surgery. I am thankful for blogfriends! :-)

CAPow! said...

I have a similar co-worker...she definitely has never known what it's like to go without, or live paycheck to paycheck...which is how I'm currently living too...

BUT
I am thankful for:
my supportive family
my awesome friends
my amazing boyfriend
my job
my cats
my temperpedic bed (even though it's getting old)

Lindsay C said...

Just letting you know that I had a giveaway and asked people to tell me their fave blogs with less than 200 followers and you were one so I did a post on you here: http://ldcdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/your-fave-blogs-with-less-than-200.html

ps. I am thankful for being able to get an education at a good University, and for tons of other things!