Thursday, October 7, 2010

Urban Jungle Slouch Beanie

Urban Slouch Beanie


Urban Slouch Beanie


Please ignore my horrible white balance and bathroom pics, I was so excited about sharing my newly finished beanie I used my iPhone to take the pictures.

Instead of doing homework over my lunch break like I should have, I finished a beanie I started on Tuesday. About a week ago I picked up 3 skeins of a bamboo/wool/angora blend from Paton's on sale at Hobby Lobby ($1.98/skein) and even though I took it with me on the plane, I read Catching Fire instead of crocheted.

Using Vickie Howell's Urban Jungle Crocheted Slouch Beanie pattern, I whipped it up in no time. This pattern uses the single crochet stitch and the puff stitch and was super easy. If you are not familiar with the puff stitch there are several tutorials on you tube to get you started. My husband comes home from work and asks me if I learned a new stitch today, because when I started getting back into crocheting, I announced every time I learned a new stitch. And you can too!

I have a little bit of this great yarn left over...I think I'll whip up a java jacket for my future Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

2 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

im in love! and i want to learn to make a java jacket...speaking of java i need coffee!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Wow it looks awesome! You did a great job!