Monday, November 1, 2010

Mixtape Monday

source

Before my weekly play list, I thought I would recap the weekend.  Not a whole lot going on, we had an extremely low key Halloween weekend and sadly Patrick was working for most of it. And, I forgot to charge my camera batteries so I have no pictures. Dang.

Mini Weekend Recap

1 Went to a generic rock show. Had it not been free and the lead singer not been my friend's cousin, I would have stayed my pretty butt on the couch crocheting and watching scary movies. They put on a good show, but covered Nickelback (vomit). But here in the void of decent live music, I take what I can get.

2. Had lunch with a friend who moved away and he gave me presents.

3. Went to a Halloween party as Nancy Botwin from Weeds which means I went as myself and carried a latte. Not that I am a pot dealing soccer mom, but I have been told on several occasions I look like her. Patrick dressed as a hitchhiker except he wore a backpack and a sign that said "Portland, OR." Patrick and I left earlier, her had worked a 15 hour day and was exhausted.

4. Patrick's parents drove down from Lubbock to have lunch with us because today is Patrick's Birthday!

5. Watched The Walking Dead on AMC...amazing!

______________________________________________________


I'm not sure if this play list actually has a theme. Mostly, it's what would be playing in my car if my CD player actually worked...hopefully a new car is in the cards for 2011.



Get a playlist! Standalone player


Get Ringtones


And just in case anyone was wondering...I completed my October goal. I did not thrift for a whole 31 days! 

And for my new November goal, writing a novel, it's time I started cranking out some words.

2 comments:

Louise said...

You're writing a novel?? About what? Do tell!

Great job on reaching your October goal! You ROCK.

Brooke Ann Dove said...

So far it's about girl moving across the country, semi-autobiographical. I'm having a blast with it.