Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oy Vey!

It's only Wednesday and the exhaustion has moved in and staked a claim. I have not been to bed before midnight this week and it is wearing on me. I need my beauty sleep or I turn into a horribly cranky person, and I can feel her coming...Eek!

And, our toilet tank over flowed during the night and we woke up to a giant puddle on our bathroom floor. Time to call the landlord. Not the best way to start a morning.

But let's push all my grumbling to the side, shall we? Let's talk about something fun!

10 Things to be Smiling about in November!

1. My Anniversary
This Saturday, my husband and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. We haven't made any specific plans yet, but we'll think of something.

2. Fall Weather
I know some of you have been enjoying the crisp chill in the air, but here in West Texas, this week is the first time we have felt fall weather. Yesterday, I wore a jacket! Yeah! It makes me want to bundle up and drink hot chocolate outside in front of a fire. I'm a no marshmallows kinda girl, how about you? Marshmallows or No Marshmallows?
source

3. My Jo Tote
My new cute camera bag came in and I have placed all the goods safely inside. I'm in love and just in time for holiday travel and the picture taking extravaganza.It was a birthday present from my loving husband. Thanks babe!

Jo Totes

4.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I
Oh yeah, I am a Potter freak! I am so excited. I'm going to buy tickets for the midnight showing today. I am rereading the 7th book for the fourth time. I have a ritual every time a new movie comes out I read the book again. So who will be at the theater on November 18th at midnight, besides me?



5. Daylight Savings
It means an extra hour of sleep on Sunday...it's the little things that make me smile!


source

6. The November Issue of Bon Appetit 
The day this gem arrives in my mailbox, I start dreaming of all the yummy food I will attempt to make. Patrick's parents give us a subscription every year, it's wonderful. You think I'd be a better cook but I'm not. I do make at least one dish from the magazine thought. Green onion wasabi mashed potatoes...yeah, I did that!
  
7. Thanksgiving
Because of Patrick's schedule, we haven't made any specific plans for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. An entire day revolving around family and food, how fabulous is that? This year Patrick has to work either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Bummer, but we have such wonderful friends here that several spots are being saved for us at a couple of tables around town. If we stay here for Christmas, it will be the first Christmas we have had by ourselves since we got married. Being around our families during the holidays is super important to us, so I hope we get Christmas with one of the three families.


Yum!


8. Finishing My Novel
I know it seems like a big one, but I have been keeping up with my writing schedule and I am a head of my daily word goal but just a smidge. I'm not saying at the end of November I will have the perfect novel ready for publication, but I will have the meat of a book, a rough draft ready for massive revisions. Thanks to National Novel Writing Month, there are thousands working toward the same goal this month. So here is to all those fingers tapping numerous keyboards around the world.

9. Not Working Black Friday 
I worked retail all my employed life until I landed this gig and every year this than I thank the heavens that I am not working retail on Black Friday. If you are working retail on Black Friday, my thoughts and prayers are with you. 


10. Decorating for Christmas
Yep. The day after Thanksgiving begins the Christmas season. Lights go up and stockings come out. Oh that reminds me, I want a super cute advent calendar this year, a reusable one. I have nothing against the chocolate filled ones they are delightful. And maybe a new tree, ours looks kinda sad.


How about you? What's keeping you smiling this November?

8 comments:

Caiti said...

SO excited about Harry Potter. I won't be at the midnight show, but we're planning on going to a Friday night show. The trailer gives me major goosebumps every time I see it.

Brooke Ann Dove said...

I get goosebumps too and my husband laughs at me!

CAPow! said...

I got the same Jo Tote (but in grey!)

Allie said...

Ooh, I noticed you said you're from West Texas! I'm currently living in North Texas, but I'm from out there myself. :)

Ugh, and I'm more than likely going to be working Black Friday. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I am dreading it so.

amylou said...

I'm from West Texas too. It sure has been chilly! I'm so excited to wear scarfs and coats again though.
What a great list!

Amyschmamey said...

Happy Anniversary!
I love fall! Crisp cold weather. I think I will fire up my fire pit on Saturday night and hang with my bestie and sip some hard cider :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Potter! I usually go to the midnight show, but I can't this year BOOOOO!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving. It's all the food and family of Christmas without the hassle of gift giving. :)

I like your list. I like your blog. :)

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

aw, congratulations on your anniversary!

oh, and i can't wait til i get to sleep an extra hour. huzzah! :P

the perfect pear said...

wow! I cant believe your writing a novel, thats awesome! so great!
xoxo
lauren
p.s. I'm hosting a craft Challenge, called Mix N' Match Craft Challenge, its going to be really fun and I'd LOVE it if you'd join in! here are the details
http://theperfectpearpair.blogspot.com/p/contest.html
:)