Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Movies!

I love all the great movies playing during the holiday season. I had to tell myself last night, "Brooke, you do not need to stay up until 3am to watch Holiday Inn. It will be on again." And since school has is over for the semester, I don't feel bad just loafing in front of the TV with my crocheting.

So here are a few of my favs (in no particular order)...

1. A Charlie Brown Christmas


2. White Christmas


3. Holiday Inn


4. Love Actually


5. A Nightmare Before Christmas


6. National Lampoon Christmas Vacation


7. A Christmas Story 


8. Elf


9. The Original How the Grinch Stole Christmas


10. It's a Wonderful Life


Because this list was only ten I feel like I missed a few of my favs (The Santa Clause, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)...So help me fill in the blanks!
What is your favorite holiday movie?
Or what's you favorite movie to watch during the holidays, non holiday flicks are totally acceptable?

8 comments:

Hillery said...

Miracle on 34th Street, and the original, original, A Christmas Carol. Just found your blog. Love that infinity scarf. I just might have a go.

Lauren said...

My faves are It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (all versions!) and Charlie Brown.

Mr. Herbst said...

You can't have Christmas without "Bad Santa!"

Louise said...

It's a Wonderful Life, because Jimmy Stewart makes me melt. White Christmas, because Danny Kaye makes me melt. Holiday Inn, because Fred Astaire makes me melt.

LOVE!

Amanda said...

I love all those you listed, watched Holiday Inn last night (DVRd) and Meet Me in St. Louis today. My 8 year old is home sick and she also loves that movie! My husband and I are trying to find a night to watch White Christmas together, its become our tradition. Home Alone and The Holiday are newer favorites of mine too.

Lydia said...

Hey fellow holiday movie fans!

Keep an eye out for "Holiday Baggage" written/directed by Stephen Polk, airing on Monday, December 20th, at 5pm on Lifetime.

bein good to me said...

Great list!
Three of my all-time favorite holiday movies are: Scrooged, Edward Scissorhands and Home Alone. :)
-Lisa

Gidget said...

I love all those movies you listed! Hope you had a great Christmas!