Friday, December 10, 2010

My poor cat

i love tv

Here he is, my beast in all his glory, Rilo (yes, he was named after Rilo Kiley). He has been the kink in my week, but it was completely not his fault.

Patrick and I came back Lubbock and Rilo seemed fine, but on Tuesday he was having issues. I googled his symptoms and low and behold, urinary infection. After a call to the vet, he fit us in for an appointment later that morning.

After the preliminary check-up...my cat is 22lbs. Eek, he's now on diabetic diet food! I learned a fun fact, Our towns crappy water that humans don't drink is also unsuitable for animal consumption. I used to give the cat filtered water , but Patrick gave me crap about it so I stopped, and now Rilo is back on the filtered water.Well, the vet gives me antibiotics and tells me if anything changes or if I find blood in his urine to bring him in. I take him home and lock him in the bathroom since he is enjoying tinkling in random spots in the house and head back to work.

I return home to discover blood in my poor kitty's urine and I call the vet. That night I kept waking up to check on him, and I slept very little. I take him back in the morning and leave him with the vet for a feline cleanse of some sort. When I pick him up, he is mad, really mad. But I get him home and he's eating his low-cal dinner and he curls up on the couch with me and sleeps for 5 hours. Yeah, my lazy cat is back to normal and I got a full night's sleep.

7 comments:

bein good to me said...

Oh that's terrible! Glad he's doing okay now. My friend's cat just went through a similar situation with crystals in his urine. And my dog went through a horrible stomach issue a year ago that left her hospitalized for a week so I definitely can empathize with you on this one! Glad he's recovering and enjoying cuddle time with you. :) He's a total cutie.
-Lisa

Allie said...

I hope your sweet kitty gets better soon! <3

STEENIE said...

I will be thinking of your cat today!

bebe bird beck said...

Awww that is so sad! Poor kitty! And how scary about the water. eek!

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

oh no poor kitty!! I wish they could speak to us and tell us what's ailing them :( hope he feels all better soon

Mrs. Miller said...

poor monkey! i miss him. i'm glad he is getting better...i wonder if my dogs should be drinking lubbock water?

Amanda said...

Poor kitty! Good to know about the cat also needing filtered water. I am lazy sometimes and give our kitty water from the faucet, I feel so guilty now! They made my husband sign a waiver when we signed for base housing about the water! I am convinced that is why I can't get a decent Starbucks in this town, its the water they use!