Thursday, December 2, 2010

Yes, Please!

Some of you may already know, I am an Audrey Hepburn fanatic. There are lots of us out there. When I was younger, my grandma told me I was going to grow up and be like Audrey Hepburn. So I thought, she meant I was going to be a famous movie star. But my grandma meant, I was going to be skinny and she was right, but I didn't find out until later...I thought she had extremely high hopes for me.

The first time I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's, I was 13 and staying with my grandparents for two weeks. The only channel that my grandmother ever watched was Turner Classic Movies. If it was black and white, she was watching it. I remember thinking how cool Holly Golightly was, but I didn't really understand that she was a call girl. And I loved that her couch was a bathtub cut in half and her cat was named Cat.

So my obsession began and the collecting of movies followed. 
WARNING: massive amounts of Audrey goodness below!








"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"
— Audrey Hepburn

 Well, Amazon being the genius website it is recommended this gem to me.


So it's on my Christmas list now.

Top 5 Audrey Hepburn movies

1. Breakfast at Tiffany's- It's a classic.
2. Funny Face- singing, dancing, fashion, and Paris!
3. How to Steal a Million- Audrey the art thief.
4. Roman Holiday- hello, vespa!
5. Wait Until Dark- it's a thriller!
 
Do you have a favorite Audrey Hepburn movie? Or classic flick?

4 comments:

lacy said...

Oh how i love her old photos! I love your 31 before 31-- come to calif we can do wear knee socks and I'll teach you to 2 step! Enjoy marking them all off, I love a good list!

lacy said...

p.s. your photography is STUNNING!

amylou said...

Love her!
My favorite is My Fair Lady and I also love her in Sabrina!
Gosh she is wonderful!

p.s. If you are interested, I have a giveaway going on over on my blog.
amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

Amylou <3

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Okay, that book is now on my list as well! I love her! My favorites are Breakfast at Tiffany's and Roman Holiday - so fantastic. Sabrina is also pretty high up there!