Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, since the last time I posted that I would do a Christmas recap with some pics, I got a horrible case a food poisoning. I haven't been that sick in years. It was awful. It took a few days to recover, but then I was hit with a head cold and there so much gunk in my head I am dizzy all the time. I couldn't read or watch TV, all I did was sleep. I slept through New Years and I am slowly working towards recovery. Cross your fingers! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe News Years celebration.

I really excited about 2011. Some big changes are hopefully in the air.

1. I start student teaching a week from tomorrow and I was assigned Senior level English.

2. Graduate with my Master's degree.

3. Hopefully, obtain a teaching job.

Of course, when I get a teaching job, there will be packing and moving and home finding to be done. But for now, I 'm just going to focus on these three things.

Anybody else have big 2011 plans? A big change your excited about? Maybe a resolution?

11 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

booo! sorry you were so sick! i'm glad you are starting to feel better though! i missed you! :) yay for you getting your student teaching done! good luck this year!

amylou said...

sorry you were sick. Yuck!

All great goals.

Happy New Year Brooke!

Carrie Rosalind said...

I feel you on being sick! I got sick on NYE and have been in bed ever since - yuck! Glad that you are feeling better and I hope that 2011 is your best year yet!

Chrissy said...

Happy New Year!

Sorry to hear you were sick!
Great Goals!!

Miss Wendy said...

Good luck on your masters, that is so awesome! I was sick over the holidays as well, boo for being sick.

This year I'm hoping for the obligatory "get in shape" resolution to actually happen!

Chrissy said...

Forgot something - I passed on a blog award! Go take a look at my blog!
Hugs,
Chrissy xxx

Amanda said...

That is some sickness, glad you are feeling better!

The place I mentioned on my blog is called All Seasons Flea Market. Its an old warehouse/barn type building off 306 and Fairview School Road (by Goodfellow AFB). If you know where the British Antiques store is, you go past it a few more buildings then down a little gravel road. Its kindof confusing b/c there is another flea market between these 2 stores but its worth the hassle once you find it. Ms. Lupe runs the place and she's super sweet and knows where everything is, just ask her! She has some vintage clothes too but I haven't gone through any of them yet. I believe they are open Fri. Sat. and Sun. 12-5. I went again this past Sunday and found some more cute things!

Tara said...

I am still working on my resolutions! I did my year in review, but I'm always a little behind at thinking about the year to come!

Louise said...

Darin and I got food poisoning simultaneously a few months back-- it was HORRIBLE. I hope you are fully recovered!

Thanks for sharing your goals! Keep us posted on your progress :-)

bein good to me said...

Oy, that sounds terrible!! So happy to hear that you're starting student teaching soon, how exciting! I work for a credential program in San Francisco and am a future teacher myself so can definitely understand your excitement (and possibly nervousness too). GOOD LUCK with your first week!
-Lisa

Fly Me to the Moon said...

aww your blog is sooo cute!!