Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BWISE

Everyday, I drive to and from work, on the same road. I live in a relatively small town and there is really only one way to go from my home to the office. This fall, when all the leaves dropped to the ground and the cold air swept in, I noticed, for the first time, a sign on the side of an old abandoned Flea Market. Now, I have passed by this Flea Market hundreds of times thinking what amazing treasures are hidden inside, but until last fall I didn't notice what message was blaring at me twice a day.

Jesus Saves


I have fallen on a bit of a rough time, well financially. My car has finally given up on me and I am forced to make a giant purchase. With student teaching, I have cut back my hours at work substantially and though I do have student loan money, I use it sparingly because I hate the idea of plunging further into debt. I hadn't planned on buying a car until I got a "real" job, but as life would have it, I have to buy one soon.

Money troubles are my number one stress-er, but I just have to remind myself that things have a way of working themselves out. The plans I have for my self are not always the same plans He has for me. Releasing control is a struggle for me.

My mother-in-law gave me a small little plaque when I graduated college with this verse and I always remind myself of it when life doesn't seem to be going my way.

2 comments:

Diana said...

What a pretty sign! That font is amazing!

Beatriz Craven said...

Oh girl, I so understand what you mean. Financial stress can be so difficult to manage, but it sounds like you are doing it for the right reasons. I like to change the way I think about it and see it as an "investment into my future" as opposed to a pit of debt... not quite as nice. I adore going back to inspiring verses and quotes to help find center, hope, and strength.

That's such an incredible sign. What a sweet reminder that you are not alone in this.

Best of luck to you!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
B.

That Girl in Pearls