Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Home Again.

Patrick and I got back yesterday from Indiana. I had an amazing trip, and I am so thankful to be able to go home and see me family a couple times a year. My mom and I had a blast digging through thrift stores and crocheting & knitting on the couch. Here is just a short list of the fun.

1. Ate at Shapiro's Deli in Indianapolis. I had a Ruben the size of my head!
2. Stopped in Broadripple to a cute little yarn shop where I bought some super fancy yarn.
3. Said Hello to an old friend and got to play with a new baby.
4. Had an amazing Italian meal with my mom and Brother.
5. Watched the Tourist and cuddled with America's cutest dog.
6. Hit up some thrift stores, where I picked up a fun short-brimmed hat.
7. Met my brother for Thai food and drank yummy Thai tea!
8. Switched the GPS to speak in Swedish so my mom's friend from Sweden had to guide us home (Hilarious!)
9. Ate amazing organic wood-fired pizza...seriously good!
10. Attended the centennial running of the Indianapolis 500 with my whole family and a bunch of friends!



Here's the crew, all wearing San Angelo Soul Sisters Roller Derby shirts. As you can see, behind us is the destruction left over by campers in the Coca Cola lot during race week. Don't fret, the city doe a great clean up job, and recycles!

More pictures to come, but I have to develop them...I did some mini Diana shooting at the race.

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and remembered those who have fought to keep our freedom alive.

No comments: