Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bookworm Survey

http://weheartit.com/entry/3185831

 First of all, is this not the cutest baby picture ever! Okay, moving on...
Doing my morning blog reading, I came across Amy Lou's post on her blog AmyLouWho responding to the prompts below. Being a bookworm myself, I thought I would also complete the survey and I am doing a fair bit of procrastinating.


1. Favorite bookPride, Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. This book pairs my two favorite things: Jane Austen and zombies.

2. Least favorite book -  Lord of the Flies by William Golding

3. Book that makes you laugh out loudThe Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Alexie Sherman

4. Book that makes you cryHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

5. Book you wish you could live in - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

6. Favorite young adult book - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

7. Book that you can quote/reciteMacbeth, I just finished student teaching and 6 times a day for 4 weeks, I was reciting iambic pentameter.

8. Book that scares youPet Cemetery by Steven King. I cannot read Stephen King anymore.

9. Book that makes you sickNight by Elie Wiesel. It breaks my heart that humans can be so horrible to each other, and that we are unable to learn from mistakes others have made.

10. Book that changed your life Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

11. Book from your favorite author – Joyce Carol Oates is probably my favorite author, and I love You Must Remember This, and Small Avalanches which is a collection of her short stories.

12. Book that is most like your life -I could pick one. I don't hang with vampires, zombies, or aliens. I don't live in post-apocalyptic land or turn of the century England.

13. Book whose main character is most like you – Harry Potter: Hermione may not be a main character, but I am often compared to her because of my bookishness and my obsession with getting good grades. I also have a generous supply of useless knowledge stored in my brain for various trivia questions.

14. Book whose main character you want to marry - Pride and Prejudice: Mr. Darcy or Emma: Mr. Knightly. Jane Austen knew how to write men that make a girl swoon.

15. First "chapter book" you remember reading as a childMrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald

16. Longest book you've read – Probably one of the Harry Potters, whichever one is the longest.

17. Shortest book you've readOf Mice and Men…it’s only 107 pages.

18. Book you're most embarrassed to say you likeThe Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris. I’ve read all of them and I’m afraid to admit it.

19. Book that turned you onLady Chatterley’s Lover by D. H. Lawrence. I was on a kick for a while about reading books on the American Library’s Banned Books list and this book was listed. It’s very descriptive.

20. Book you've read the most number of timesPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen…at least once a year.

21. Favorite picture book from childhood8 Wild Washer Women by John Yeoman

22. Book you plan to read next - Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham

23. Book you tell people you've read, but haven't (or haven't actually finished) – I remember carrying around Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell in 5th grade so people thought I was reading it, but I have never read Gone with the Wind.

24. Book that contains your favorite scene - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. When they go to the Quidditch World Cup and Harry enters the Weasley's expanding tent. I would love one of those for my camping trips.

25. Favorite book you read in schoolTale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I know, I know, but my English teacher rocked this book.

26. Favorite nonfiction book – The Liar’s Club by Mary Karr, it’s a memoir of her childhood.

27. Favorite fiction series - Harry Potter!

28. Last book you read I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith….Excellent!

29. Book you're currently readingStranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein

3 comments:

Amylou said...

oh yay! I'm glad you did the survey!
You are totally making me want to reread P&P now!
I'm trying to finish Harry Potter before the last movie comes out! AHH!
I started the sookie stackhouse books, but couldn't stay with it. Are they worth it?
Yay for Hunger Games! Can't wait for the movie!
I'm not sure I could read Lord of the Flies. That might be one that makes me sick.
I loved reading your answers girl!

Lauren said...

Awesome!! I did this one too.

I read the first Sookie Stackhouse novel, they're kind of completely horribly written, haha, but I still kind of enjoyed it.

Jello said...

hey! awesome list! gotta go do some reading... BTW that picture is absolutely the cutest! ever!

Jello