Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Derby Bout Recap

This past Saturday, the San Angelo Soul Sisters played the Abilene Derby Dames. This was my first bout since joining the team 6 months ago. It was a rough day for me. As a jammer, I got beat up pretty good. I got hit, went down, and knock my head against the cement. I got a bit of a shock and the EMTs had to check me out. No concussion, just a little rattled (Mama, I'm fine). Both my body and ego a bit bruised. Not the greatest derby debut, but hopefully the next bout will be better.

I had tons of family there, so I felt kinda bad about getting my a$$ kicked in front of Patrick's grandmother, but its what I signed up for. It's kinda funny really. As I am skating and I'm taking these hits and falling, I can hear the crowd go "Ohhhh!", so it must have looked pretty bad. Luckily for me, the adrenaline running through my body kept me from noticing the immediate pain, but I do have some fun bruises.

Here are a couple of photos, please check out my husband's blog for all the great pics of the bout. It's hard to take pictures when your getting pummeled.




Derby14
http://patrickdove.blogspot.com/

Derby37
http://patrickdove.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

i'm sad i didn't get to go! but i'm glad you're ok and had fun! i checked out the pics on patrick's blog. :) you're too cute!

grrfeisty said...

ouch! sorry about your tumble! you're right...we totally sign up for this! haha and the photographs are AWESOME.