Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This week is nuts!

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you never have a moment to just sit and breathe? That's this week. Besides having three papers due this week, my focus is on derby practice because my very first bout is on Saturday in Abilene. I'm nervous. Eek! We are up against the Abilene Sugar Bombs.

I love derby. 
I love my team mates. 
I love the sense of accomplishment I get after a good practice.
I like wearing fishnets and athletic gear. It's funny.



If anyone has sage advice about beating nerves, give me a shout.

And if you are in neighborhood, come join the fun!


2 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

man i'm off this weekend and i want to go! good luck! i was always nervous before every sporting event i did, i just stretched and tried to focus on the very first thing i had to do...miss you!

Gidget said...

Good luck on your meet! (Is that what you'd call it? A game? A throwdown?) Wish I was cool enough to do roller derby. Also you won the summer journal giveaway on my blog, let me know your email and I'll send you the download! Thanks!