Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

http://weheartit.com/entry/7925623

Have you ever had a weekend that just sucked? This weekend sucked. Luckily, my dear husband was out of town and was not here to witness my complete freak out/breakdown. It goes a little like this...

Friday:
8 hours of works- everyone left early but me.
Short break to pick up things at Target.
4 hours of homework- mostly journal article reading

Saturday:
4 hour roller derby practice- This was the highlight of my weekend. We focused on hitting and my ribs are bruised and I love it!
Quick lunch
3 hour library session- more research
4 hours to write an annotated bibliography for my research project.
2 hours of Ghost Hunters
Sleep

Sunday:
Coffee
2 hours of textbook reading
2 hours of freaking out- I realized that I have been reading the wrong text book for 2 weeks. So, I desperately tried to find someone in town who had my book because the library does not carry it nor was the bookstore open on Sunday.
7 hours of trying to piece together chapter reviews by midnight- Portions of the text are available online, so I was able to throw together something. I submitted my paper 11 minutes before the midnight deadline.
3 hours of tossing and turning
3 hours of restless sleep

That about brings us to the present. I learned that instead of using book titles as a search on Amazon.com, I should be using the ISBN #. Also, I should not wait until the day of an assignment is due to start my work, but I am a procrastinator and it's in my nature.

I know its just one assignment, but these summer classes are abbreviated and everything counts. I don't have various assignments to make up my mistakes on this one. Why didn't you just email your professor? Yeah, I would be taking the hardest class from the hardest professor; She does not accept late work-ever. And because this mistake was a result of my ignorance in ordering textbooks, I'm pretty sure she would just dismiss my plea. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout my career as a graduate student and for some reason graduating with a 4.0 will validate my smartness. I know I'm geeky.

I hope everyone had a better weekend than I did, it wouldn't take much.

2 comments:

Deer Little Fawn said...

oh no :( that sounds like a manic weekend!
Well the whole of May was pretty poor for me, but things are finally perking up so that's good! I hope you have a much better week!
xBeth

Marisa Noelle said...

Eeh...that sounds like a total nightmare! Oh I would have been a complete wreck. This was the type of stuff I had nightmares about when I was in college. I was the same, doing all to maintain a 4.0 throughout school...such a nerd I could be..hehe. Anyways, congrats on receiving your educator cert!! Best wishes with finishing up your classes! xx Marisa