Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Songs

http://weheartit.com/entry/7384688

Top Ten Tuesday, just for giggles. Since we are in the full swing of summer, the temperature keeps rising, the snow cone stands are hopping, and the constant running of air conditioning causes rolling brown outs across the city; I am reminded of simpler summer days. Remember...no school, trips to the public pool, chasing down the ice cream man, and evenings catching lightening bugs. And my favorite... relaxing outside, playing in the sprinklers, and my boombox blaring the top 40 tunes of summer freedom. In tribute to simpler summer days, I complied the top 10 summer songs of my youth (and maybe a few from my present).

1. The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
2. Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
3. Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams
4. Saturday in the Park by Chicago
5. Cruel Summer by Bananarama
6. Kokomo by Beach Boys
7. Shame on You  by Indigo Girls
8. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
9. Accidently in Love by The Counting Crows
10. Little Secrets by Passion Pit (my current summer song)





What songs personify summer for you? I couldn't have listed all of them, educate me!

3 comments:

abby - the geek girl said...

YES!! Best summer playlist ever. MUST PUT ON IPOD NOW!

Diabolical Super Science said...

Your summer list is Neato-Bandito and most of them are on my play list on my ipod! Here are few oldie but goodies to add to make your summer listening perfect... Okay I know Kid Rock's song is not really an oldie but it is a hybrid, cover, ripoff of Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama, two classics.

All Summer Long - Kid Rock
In The Summer Time - Mungo Jerry
Summer in the City - Lovin Spoonful
All Summer Long - Beach boys
Summer Breeze - Seals and Croft

Lauren said...

GREAT list!!