Sunday, October 2, 2011

Celebrating What's Right in the World!

So I guess you have noticed that I have been MIA for quite some time. I started my new teaching job and I love it! This may have been the smartest professional decision I have ever made. While I am still trying to finish my Masters (countdown to Oct. 20th!), I am so busy with school and life; sadly, blogging was forced to the backburner while the craziness consumed my days.

But enough about stress let's celebrate....

During a staff development session for school, I saw a video called Celebrating What's Right with the World. Not only was it created by a National Geographic Photographer, but it's message was applicable to anyone: instead of focusing on the negative things you cannot change, celebrate what's right. It doesn't need to be a big thing, just an element in your life which brings you a bit of joy. Easy, right?


So I have decided to make October Celebrating What's right in the World! I think you should join me...
So today, I have to finish my portfolio for my Masters presentation, and I am on academic overload, but I choose to celebrate the fact that the weather is gorgeous; I am enjoying a yummy pumpkin spice latte, and that after today, my portfolio will be completed!

So tell me, what's worth celebrating in your life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are Going well for you! I needed to see this post and this video this morning! So thanks for the perspective. Miss your face! Xo shawna