Monday, March 12, 2012

Derby Love

I feel like a total slacker. I have completely neglected my blog. I would insert a multitude of excuses here, but it would seem redundant. I will just say that I'm working on a better schedule.

It's Spring Break!!! I am currently sitting on my couch with a cup of coffee and watching some horrible lifetime movie! I started my Spring Break with a derby bout in Abilene. Though we didn't come out on top, we played hard and improved drastically. I did however earn a few scrapes and bruises.

I LOVE derby. I'm not even sure that love is a big enough word.  I feel so blessed to have a group of women in my life who support me without asking questions, who challenge me to be better, and who love me for all my nerdiness. Most people look at me and make some kind of snide remark about me playing derby. I'm little, and skinny, and my personality does not exude one who kicks ass on the weekends. I just return their comments with a smile, because unlike them, my derby sisters know me.


San Angelo Soul Sisters...I'm on the left

Abilene Derby Dames and SASS

No comments: