Monday, June 11, 2012

Back from the dead...or something.

So...I realized something. Teaching is an extremely time consuming career. I know, right?! It's not a bad thing; I love my job, but it made me realize that every other job I have ever had could be done in 3 hours. As a teacher, I am present and participating for a full 8 hours a day. It was wonderfully exhausting.

Last week, I started summer vacation. It was a little crazy how busy I was for my first week off. I think I saved all my errands until I was off two months.

Anyways, you might wonder what I have been up to besides molding young minds of future leaders.

Warning...Picture Heavy!

I became an aunt! Patrick's sister had her little boy, Hopper Jack. 
Here are a few from his first photo shoot with his Aunt Brooke...




Roller Derby...That's me with the star.

More pics @ my husband's blog
I have been skating with San Angelo Soul Sisters Roller Derby for over a year and a half, and we practice 3 days a week which takes a chunk of time out of the schedule. These girls are amazing! I am so lucky to be able to skate with such fabulous ladies.
On May 19th, I felt like actually played decently. This was also the first bout where I was a primary jammer. This means two things: 1. I am responsible for scoring points and 2. I am the player 4 opposing players want to take down. I was nervous as hell; my belly was in knots, but at the end of the day I did okay. Now, I have a bit of confidence as a jammer.

Revival Fest
I needed to get out of town. My husband was at the Indianapolis 500 with my family and I was all sad because I didn't get to go. Some of my derby ladies were going to the Austin Revival Rockabilly fest and invited me along. It was such a blast!

Foxxy, Me, and Smashlie headed to Revival Fest
Salty Wench and me relaxing
The next morning he went out for brunch and did a little shopping in Austin...super fun!

Now that I have a little more free time, Let's see if I can get my blogging down to a regular schedule...crossing my fingers!

3 comments:

ccc apples on a stick said...

isn't summer exhilarating?!

judy lesak said...

The photo of you and Salty where you're wearing the yellow with black polkadots dress, did you make that dress? If so what is the pattern? My 26 yr. old daughter would look so cute in that, as do you. Judylesak@hotmail.com for reply. Thanks.

judy lesak said...

The photo of you and Salty where you're wearing the yellow with black polkadots dress, did you make that dress? If so what is the pattern? My 26 yr. old daughter would look so cute in that, as do you. Judylesak@hotmail.com for reply. Thanks.