Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Reading 2012

weheartit.com
For those of you who know me...I'm a big reader, colossal reader. But I noticed that during the school year, my reading was limited to class books and teaching guides. Buh. So now that we have entered into summer break, I can catch up on my fun reading...kinda.

I will be teaching AP American Literature next year. Yeah! This also translates into me reading books I haven't read since high school or books I've never read in order for me to teach them. Eek!

Below is a  list of the reading I must complete this summer and the reading I want to complete. If you would like to join in on the learning...let me know! I love chatting about books!

Summer Musts
1. The Scarlet Letter (re-read)
2. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
3. East of Eden
4. The Sun Also Rises (re-read)

Summer Wants
1.  Slaughterhouse 5
2. We the Living 
3. The Witching Hour
4. Ready Player One
5. Tropic of Cancer
6. Let Me In

I'm sure more will be added to this list as I hit the thrift stores and pick up killer finds.

3 comments:

alovelylittleworld said...

We the Living is practically my favourite book of all time. No one reads Ayn Rand!!!! I'm so excited. I hope you love it.

Puffinclaire said...

I’m really enjoying following your blog so I’ve nominated you for a One Lovely Blog award! Have a look at my post http://puffinclaire.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/one-lovely-blog-award/ to find out more about it. Have a wonderful day! x

Red Tash said...

Hey. Any interest in adding Troll Or Derby to your summer reading? It's total escapism, not real derby at all (although I used to play). Anyway, if so, let me know. I'd be happy to send you a review copy. RedTashBooks@gmail.com